Bexley Music Parents Meeting Minutes
May 3, 2017
- BMP board members: Laura Martin, Andrea Lourie, Shelly Hoffman, Susan Rhoads
- Parents: Natalie Cohen, Chris and John Millard, Amy Lauerhass, Susanne Klingerhoffer
- Teachers: Sandra Crandall, Amy Blosser
Treasurer Transition – Laura Martin
- Role for 2017-18 is not an open position. Susan Rhoads and Laura will be completing the transition over the next school year and hand over for the following year.
- Postponed largely due to insufficient ticket sales. Event has been rescheduled for 7-9 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017. The venue remains the same – at Jeffrey Mansion.
- For people who already bought tickets, they will carry through for the new date.
- Ticket sales will be reinstated for fall,
- In August will take what was sold and move it into BMP operating account.
Orchestra – Sandra Crandall
- Middle school solo and ensemble went well for orchestra: 4 ensembles superior rating; 7 solos with one excellent and 6 superior ratings.
- High school concert went very well. Featured soloists were Zeenat Tabaku and Lucas Fox. Many thanks for the beautiful flowers and reception after the concert!
- Middle school orchestra performed beautifully downtown on April 28 at Governor’s Awards for the Arts.
- Beginning orchestra parent night will be Monday May 22 with demonstrations to the third grade students the week before.
- MS concert is Wednesday, May 24.
- Camp letters will go out this week. Orchestra and band camp will be held July 23-29.
Jazz Band – Andrea Lourie for Jason Hogue
- Middle School Jazz band auditions will be held May 15 -19.
Choir – Amy Blosser
- Weds. May 24 middle school final concert.
- Holocaust Cantata beautiful, proceeds from the sale of the CD go to help survivors.
- VE final performance is Sunday ,May 21 at 5 p.m.
- Music awards banquet Tuesday, May 16 at 6:30 p.m. at Schottenstein Theater.
Fundraising Update – Laura Martin
- Will participate in the Spirit Sprint 5K again next year. The 2017 date is Sunday, Oct. 8.
- Looking for rental property for a vacation item for silent auction.
Ballot distributed with following slate of officers.
- Past President: Laura Martin
- President: Andrea Lourie
- President-elect: John and Chris Mollard
- Vice president: Natalie Cohen
- Secretary: Amy Lauerhass
- Treasurer: Susan Rhoads
Laura Martin will send an email confirmation of tallied votes.